Easy-peasy restaurant food made healthy and quickly… and cheaply! Oh yeah and it’s Mike approved! If this is one of the dishes you like to order at a restaurant then I warn you, you may kick yourself when you realize how simple this really is.
Serves 4 (as an appetizer)
2 large whole wheat tortilla shells
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ Cup shredded cheddar
1 Medium tomato, chopped
2 Scallions (green onions) sliced (both white and green parts)
1 Chicken breast, grilled and chopped
Fat free sour cream (optional)
– In a large frying pan, heat a tsp of the olive oil over medium high heat; roll the pan around so the oil is evenly distributed. Add a tortilla shell to the pan and then drop the heat to medium.
– You’re going to build the quesadilla on one side of the shell only:
– Evenly spread two tbsp of cheddar across the bottom of half the shell.
– Top the cheese evenly with half of the tomato, and season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
– Then top with half of the green onion and half of the chicken.
– Top with another 2 tbsp of the cheddar.
– Gently fold the bare side of the tortilla shell over the toppings; press down gently to ensure the shell stays folded.
– Then gently flip the quesadilla, use a plate if necessary.
– Cook for a minute or so, until the bottom of the quesadilla is slightly browned and crispy.
– Slice into 4 evenly sized triangles.
- Watch for more variations of this recipe, coming soon!
- Serve with fat free sour cream and salsa if you prefer!
- Guacamole would also be a great accompaniment!