It suddenly occurred to me today that I’ve never shared my recipe for creamy, classic mayonnaise; here it is! Use it as a base for any all of your favourite sauces and salads.
Here is a simple recipe for THE creamiest, most delectable Mayonnaise/salad dressing/ condiment you will EVER experience, you’re welcome 🙂
1 Large egg at room temperature
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 Cup canola oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
Using a food processor or blender, mix the egg, Dijon, salt and pepper until smooth.
Slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to mix until it thickens.
Add in the vinegar.
Refrigerate, covered until you’re ready to devour!
- I used white wine vinegar but really any vinegar will work.
- Feel free to use lemon juice in place of vinegar.
- Vegetable oil will work but I prefer canola (I haven’t tried olive oil).
- Feel free to go with white pepper instead of black if you don’t want the flex.
- Originally posted on July 9, 2016!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: condiment
- Method: blender/food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mayonnaise, mayo, sauce, aioli, homemade, homemade Mayonnaise, homemade mayo, homemade aioli, LisaGCooks.com