Green Bean and Tomato Salad
This is a ridiculously easy side that can be served, cold, hot or at room temp; an ideal make a head that looks impressive.
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes washed and dry, halved
1 lb (about 4 handfuls) green beans cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Clove garlic, crushed
– In a large serving bowl combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and season liberally with salt and pepper.
– Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and cook beans for 2 minutes.
– Strain the beans, shaking off any excess water then add them to the bowl with the vinaigrette.
– Add the tomatoes.
– Mix well and taste to adjust seasoning.
- This recipe works with any tomato of your choosing!
- This recipe works with any dressing of your choosing!
- The idea is to have equal parts bean and tomato.
- The heat from the beans will help to mellow the harshness of the raw garlic
- The longer this salad sits, the more developed the flavours come together.
- I’m making this for dinner tonight!