Roasted Chicken Drumsticks Done Three Ways
I just watched Top Chef, can you tell??? You may be wondering how this could possibly constitute healthy, well, it’s simple; I remove the skin and fat before I eat the drumsticks! Leave the chicken pieces in tact while roasting (a ton of fat will melt off) but make sure each bite you take is meat only. The other key is portion control; I only eat two drumsticks at a meal (Mike eats more!).
10 Chicken Drumsticks
BBQ Sauces to follow!
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then lay a roasting rack on top of the baking sheet.
– Spray the top of the chicken legs with some cooking spray. Then season the legs (on the surface you just sprayed) with salt, pepper, and paprika.
– Place the seasoned side of the chicken legs down on the roasting rack and then spray and season the side of chicken legs facing up.
– Roast the chicken legs for 25 minutes.
– Remove the chicken from the oven and coat the side facing up with the BBQ sauce of your choice.
– Return the pan to the oven and roast for 3 minutes.
– When the 3 minutes are up, remove the pan from the oven and rotate the legs so the sauced side is now resting on the roasting rack.
– Coat the new side of the chicken legs with the same sauce and again bake for 3 minutes.
– When the legs have finished roasting remove the pan from the oven and coat the top of the chicken legs with the remaining sauce.
- The “Three Ways” was a Buffalo sauce, the second was the Spicy Asian BBQ sauce from my Japanese Style Chicken Tenders, and the third was leaving the drumsticks with the seasoning only (that one was my favourite!).
Spicy Asian BBQ sauce:
¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
5 dashes sesame oil
– Combine all ingredients and warm slightly (I just microwaved it!).
¼ Cup BBQ sauce (your favourite brand)
¼ Cup hot sauce
1 tbsp butter
– Combine all ingredients and warm slightly until the butter is melted (again, I just microwaved it!).