Corn and Tomato Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
This salad tastes like summer in a bowl but really this could be made in the dead of winter. This salad can be made ahead or prepared in a pinch. What I really like here is the balance of textures and flavours. This dish would be great to serve at your next barbeque.Print
The juice of one lime
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Corn on the cob, steamed, grilled or boiled; kernels only
3 Small (vine ripened) tomatoes, sliced into wedges
3 Green onions (scallions) both white and green parts, sliced
A handful of fresh basil, sliced
A handful of fresh Italian Parsley, leaves only (whole)
Whisk the lime juice together with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper then set aside.
Combine the corn, tomatoes, green onions and the herbs then add in the lime vinaigrette;
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve immediately or this makes a great make-a-head.
- Feel free to use frozen corn here (3 Cups)
- The longer this sits the more amazing the flavour.
- If you are making this ahead of time, hold off on adding salt to the dish until you are ready to serve because the salt will make the tomatoes smushy.
- The lime vinaigrette is quite tart on it’s own, it works here because of the sweetness of the corn. If you are looking to use this elsewhere I’d recommend adding some honey to add some sweetness, about a tbsp.
- Originally published on July 11, 2014
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Side