Roasted Teriyaki Brussels Sprouts
Ever since I posted my Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe, my mother can’t walk by a Brussels sprout without commenting that “she used to boil the (beep) out of them and serve them as is”. It’s a sore subject for her! Now this recipe does wonderful things for the Brussels sprout; it highlights its crunchiness and the slight bitterness is masked by soy sauce.
1 pound/ 453 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
4 Cloves of garlic, smashed
2 tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– Combine the Brussels sprouts, garlic, soy sauce and olive oil in a bowl ensuring the Brussels sprouts are well coated in the soy sauce and olive oil.
– Pour the contents of the bowl onto a baking sheet.
– Season lightly with the coarse salt and pepper.
– Roast the Brussels sprouts for 18 to 20 minutes, until they are slightly charred.