Japanese Inspired Bok Choy with an Italian Twist!
I’m always looking for fresh simple ideas for vegetables. I absolutely love this recipe because it’s healthy, delicious, and fast.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
4 Baby bok choy, cleaned and sliced in half, lengthwise
– Heat pan over high heat and then add the oil.
– Add the garlic to oil and Sauté for about 30 seconds.
– Add the soy sauce and stir well ensuring you don’t burn the garlic.
– Add the bok Choy to the pan and coat it well with the soy sauce and garlic mixture.
– Season lightly with salt and pepper.
– Drop the heat to medium high and cover the pan with a lid.
– Let the bok choy steam for one minute.
– Serve immediately!
- It’s okay if the bok choy is a little bit wet because it helps the steaming process.
- If you don’t have a pan with a tight fitting lid then you can cover your pan with a baking sheet.
- To clean bok choy:
– Fill your sink with cold water.
– Slice the bottom of the stem off of the bok choy (white at the bottom) and then slice the bok choy in half, lengthwise.
– Submerge the bok choy in the water and agitate them; this is to get any sand or dirt off the leaves.
– Let the leaves stay in the water for at least 5 minutes and then just place them on a clean dishcloth to remove any excess water.