Asian Style Broccoli
I’m always looking for new ways to make broccoli, this dish is inspired by a recipe I saw in a cookbook Mike’s mom gave me. Garlic and soy sauce are a great combination that is calorie free. Honestly though, this dish is so tasty and comes together in under 10 minutes, low fat and healthy are just bonus!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Head of Broccoli, florets only
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
5 dashes sesame oil
– Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat; add the broccoli when the oil is hot (the oil will ripple when its ready).
– Season the broccoli lightly with salt and pepper.
– Sauté the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, until it starts to soften.
– Add the garlic, mix it well, careful not to let it burn.
– Add the soy sauce and water, turn the heat to high and cook until the water has boiled out; about 1 minute.
– Add the sesame oil and mix the broccoli to incorporate it.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
– Serve immediately or at room temperature.
1. If you prefer, you can add sesame seeds to the dish as well, about a tsp.