Roasted Tomato Hummus
I know I must seem like I’m stretching the whole roasted vegetable thing, and the whole hummus thing but I swear; it’s really good! This is great as a starter or even as a spread on a sandwich and with autumn officially here, we can all use extra tomato recipes in our arsenal!
Serves up to 8
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Pint (454 g) grape tomatoes
1 540 ml can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
½ Cup fat free sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– In a roasting pan, add the tomatoes and coat with the olive oil. Season with the coarse salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure they aren’t burning or sticking to the dish. Remove the pan from the oven and let the tomatoes cool to room temperature.
– In a food processor (or blender) add the chickpeas, sour cream, roasted tomatoes (including any of the pan juices), salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
- A handful of fresh basil would be amazing here.
- If you find the hummus is too dry add a little bit more of the fat free sour cream.
- This can be served at room temperature or cold.