I love this salad! I’m pretty sure traditional Greek Salad doesn’t come with lettuce and that is why I am calling this “Greek-ish Salad”. As I’m sitting here writing this, I keep hearing Bart Simpson’s voice, “you don’t make friends with salad…”
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 tbsp White wine vinegar or the Juice of half a lemon
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
2 Sprigs of fresh oregano, leaves only, finely diced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
142 g box of Spring mix lettuce
1 large tomato, sliced in think wedges
½ Cucumber, cut in half moons
2 Slices of red onion, broken into rings
¼ Cup pitted kalamata olives
¼ Fat reduced feta cheese, broken into crumbles
1 Sprig of oregano, leaves only
– Prepare the dressing first; whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
– For the salad, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on and mix well immediately before serving.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
- You won’t miss the extra fat in this cheese.
- I also think traditional Greek salads have green peppers in them so feel free, I just wasn’t feeling green peppers tonight!