This is something near and dear to my heart. I work full time, have two small children and am a food blogger. What does this mean? Well, I’m busy. Really, really busy. As are you. So back to my original statement; this is something near and dear to my heart; because I am so busy but I firmly believe in a healthy, delicious home cooked meal – every night. I’ve been wanting to share my meal time strategies to help you come up with a plan for your own hectic meal time. So stay tuned regularly because I am going to post my plans weekly. My thought is this: I’ll post it on Saturdays so you can do your shopping on Sunday’s and formulate your plan for the Monday to Friday grind. Together, we’re going to do this thing 😉
- The Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli serves 8, therefore this dish is for Monday and Tuesday 🙂
Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli (see above!)
Green salad (make double the recipe)
Spicy Grilled Chicken (cook 2 extra chicken breasts)
- When you make the Green Salad, prep enough for 2 salads and wrap half (enough for 1 salad) in the fridge for Wednesday.
- Cook 2 extra chicken breasts, 6 in total then wrap 2 and refrigerate,
- While the chicken is cooking, prep the pizza dough, also for Wednesday (then wrap it in plastic wrap and store in the fridge).
Deep Dish Pan Pizza (use any and all of your favourite toppings)
and the second Green salad (see above!)
- Use the Spicy Grilled Chicken from Friday (chicken is safe to eat up to 3 days after cooking).