Homemade Caesar Dressing
One of my ‘Guilty Pleasures’ and I’m using quotations on purpose is Caesar salad. The quotations is because it’s a salad but delve deeper and you know what I’m saying is true. Enter the mayonnaise based dressing; the foundation for the cheese and bacon. I’d say I’m sorry or ashamed but I’m NOT! I love you Caesar salad in all your mayonnaisey, cheesy-bacony deliciousness. I’m sorry… But I’m not sorry 😐
Makes about 1 1/2 Cups
4 Anchovy filets (or 2 tsp Anchovy paste)
1 Clove garlic, peeled
1 Large egg at room temperature
2 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ Cup canola oil
The juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
Using a food processor or blender, puree the anchovy filets (or paste and garlic.
Add in the egg, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
Slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to mix until it thickens.
Add in the lemon juice and the Parmesan cheese.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Refrigerate, covered until you’re ready to experience THE most amazing Caesar dressing of your life!
- Feel free to use 2 tsp of white wine vinegar in place of the lemon juice.
- Vegetable oil will work but I prefer canola (I haven’t tried olive oil).
- Feel free to go with white pepper instead of black if you don’t want the flex.
- This should keep in your fridge for up to 3 days.
- Originally posted on 25 February, 2017!
Here is an easy recipe that comes together in minutes that makes THE most incredible Caesar salad dressing you’ll ever taste!