(Low Fat) Chewy Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh yeah, that’s right: low fat, chewy, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?
Makes 12 – 15 Cookies
¾ Cup all purpose flour (use any combination of white to whole wheat flour that you want, I used all whole wheat!)
¼ Cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp coarse salt
¼ Cup butter, at room temperature
½ Cup white, granular sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
¼ Cup fat free sour cream
2 tbsp cold, strong coffee
½ Cup large chunk, dark chocolate chips
– Preheat your oven to 325.
– In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and coarse salt.
– In another large bowl combine all the other ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips; those come soon!
– When the liquid ingredients and mixed together, slowly add in the dry ingredients.
– When your dough/batter has come together then gently mix in the chocolate chips (told you!).
– Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (skip this step if you’re out, it just makes the clean up really easy).
– Dollop a heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet leaving a 2 inch space in between the cookies.
– Bake for 15 minutes.
- I didn’t find it necessary to coat the chocolate chips with flour before adding them to the dough/batter.
- Just use what’s left in the coffee pot from your morning coffee.
- Please use whole wheat flour.