Marinated Tomato Salad
This is one of the sides one of my other ex-boyfriends loved enough to eat everyday. He and I don’t talk and I’m hoping he never sees this recipe!
4 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
2 green onions sliced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
– Arrange the tomato slices on a platter.
– Top evenly with the green onions.
– In a bowl or jar combine the olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce; mix well.
– Pour the marinade over the tomotoes and green onion.
– Season tomatoes with salt and pepper just before serving.
1. When I make this dish I try to let the tomatoes marinade for at least 30 minutes but it tastes amazing even if you don’t have time to do this.
2. Again, seasoning the tomatoes too early will make them mushy.
3. It’s fun to add cucumbers here.
4. This dish looks impressive, tastes even better and is therefore perfect for entertaining.
5. I like using vine ripened or beef steak tomatoes in this recipe but it works with any tomatoes really, even grape tomatoes; just be cognizant of portions.