Garden Vegetable Hummus
I’m not going to lie; the veggies are totally roasted but I’m really tired of naming my recipes roasted whatever. Honestly, this dip is made with roasted veggies but the flavours are crisp and the fresh veggie flavours pop. This is a great way to get rid of the woody stems of the asparagus; just store the ends in a bag in the fridge after you have washed and prepped the asparagus.
Serves up to 8
200 – 300 g asparagus
454 g (1 pint) grape tomatoes
1 Medium onion, chopped
3 Cloves garlic, smashed
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 540 ml can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
½ Cup fat free sour cream
1/4 tsp pepper, plus extra
1/2 tsp salt
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– In a roasting pan, add the asparagus, tomatoes, onion and garlic; coat with the olive oil. Season with some coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast the veggies for 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure they aren’t burning or sticking to the dish. Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
– In a food processor (or blender) add the chickpeas, sour cream, roasted veggies including any of the pan juices, salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
- If you find the hummus is too dry add a little bit more of the fat free sour cream.
- This can be served at room temperature or cold.