Graham Cracker Crust
My sister asked me why I try to make dessert less naughty; she said it’s the point (keep in mind, she doesn’t eat dessert, yeah I know; crazy). To this I responded simply; if there is half the fat and calories then I can eat twice as much. She hasn’t brought it up again. This is the base, classic graham cracker crust recipe. Graham crackers aren’t completely healthy but they’re really not as bad as you may think. I have cut back on the quantity of graham crackers, sugar, and butter (sorry, it’s still tastes good though!).
Makes 1 standard 9 inch pie crust
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp water
1 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
1 tbsp Sugar
¼ tsp Cinnamon
– Preheat your oven to 350.
– Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
– Pour the entire contents of the bowl into a standard 9 inch pie crust and press it down either using your hands or I used my measuring cup.
– When you have pressed the crumb mixture into the plate, bake it for 8 to 10 minutes and then set it aside to cool.
– You may also use this recipe as is and let is chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Feel free to omit the cinnamon but I personally add it whenever I can; the health benefits are insane.