Easy-peasy and de-lish! I literally eat this once a week; come rain or shine, regardless of the season. I read recently that spinach is one of the few vegetables that has more nutrients when it’s cooked. The theory is that the cooking process aids your body in the absorption of the abundance of vitamins and minerals that are in spinach.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Bag (about 170 g) pre-washed spinach leaves
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp pepper
– Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat and add the olive oil.
– When the oil is hot, add the spinach; add the spinach in stages if the pan isn’t large enough. Season with the salt and pepper.
– When the spinach is half wilted drop the heat to low and add the garlic, mixing frequently.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
– Serve immediately and enjoy!
1. I like to use coarse salt because I like the crunch.
2. This is a very quick cooking recipe, I’d say like 5 minutes so don’t start this until everything else is almost done.
3. If your timing is off just cover the pan with a lid or tin foil but also note that this dish is awesome at room temp as well.