This is one of my top go-to’s, I have this at least once a week. This comes together in minutes and it is a great accompaniment to other sides but is also a great stand-alone side. I have heard that eating a tomato a day helps combat aging; hello!
4 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
4 to 6 basil leaves, sliced in a chiffonade (ribbons)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– Arrange the tomato slices on a platter.
– Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes evenly.
– Season tomatoes with salt and pepper just before serving.
– Top the tomatoes after you season them with the basil.
1. Again, wait until the last minute to season the tomatoes otherwise the salt will make them mushy.
2. I use every tomato under the sun for this recipe.
3. In place of basil you can use flat leaf parsley or a combination of both.
4. Stay away from stronger herbs like oregano and rosemary; they would over power the tomatoes.