Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes
These are the potatoes I like to serve with Roast Beef. I will never advocate cutting starches from your diet entirely but I will stress moderation and portion control. Try to focus on lean protein and fresh veggies but remember your brain runs off carbs!!!
6 – 8 Small red skinned potatoes (about 1.5 pounds), skin on (washed), sliced in half
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Large Sprig of rosemary
5 Cloves garlic, smashed
½ tsp coarse salt
¼ tsp pepper
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– Combine all of the ingredients in a large casserole dish (I use my lasagna pan); mix well.
– Roast the potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour, until the potatoes are cooked through and are slightly darkened.
- You can use virtually any potato under the sun here!
- Fresh thyme would work well too.