Whipped Scallion and Lime Dressing
I had this amazing recipe written and prepped and ready to go but it was a slow cooker one; I’m over it!!! I’m so over the cold crappy weather with comfort food. I love comfort food but for the love of God… BRING ON THE FREAKING SUMMER!!!
and Salad Dressing…
I love a fresh and creative Salad Dressing… Enter Whipped Scallion and Lime dressing…
Light and creamy with the slight hint of lime and incredible freshness of the green onions.
1 Large egg at room temperature
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 Cup canola oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 Green onions
The juice of one lime
Use a food processor or blender; mix the egg, Dijon, salt and pepper until smooth.
Slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to mix until it thickens.
Add in the vinegar.
Add in the green onions (scallions) and the limejuice; continue to puree until the mayonnaise is smooth.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate.
- Again, I used white wine vinegar but really any vinegar will work.
- Again, Feel free to use lemon juice in place of vinegar.
- Again, Vegetable oil will work but I prefer canola.
- I still haven’t tried this with olive oil.
- This will last in the fridge for about a week.
- Originally posted on April 18, 2017 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing/Sauce