Smoked Salmon Salad with Ranch Dressing
This salad is insane yummy and is unbelievably filling. The buttermilk dressing really fills you up and won’t have you starving 20 minutes later.
142 g box of spring mix lettuce (a large handful per person)
½ Seedless cucumber, sliced into ¼ inch half moons
4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 6 wedges per tomato)
1 batch of the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
200 g smoked salmon or graved lox
Juice of half a lemon
2 – 3 Sprigs fresh dill
– In a large prep bowl, toss the lettuce and cucumbers with some of the buttermilk ranch dressing; start with a couple of tablespoons and add as needed or to your preference.
– Transfer the dressed lettuce and cucumbers to a serving platter.
– Place the tomato wedges, evenly spaced, around the edge of the platter.
– Season the tomatoes and salad mixture with some of the coarse salt and black pepper.
– Separate the slices of salmon and place evenly on top of the lettuce and cucumber mixture.
– Pour the lemon juice, evenly, on top of the salmon.
– Garnish with the fresh dill.
- I used about half a cup of the ranch dressing and served the remaining dressing on the side in case anyone wanted extra.
- Graved lox = salt cured salmon.
- This is a great lunch or dinner; you will be full without feeling weighed down.