Roasted Squash and Onion Soup (with Curry)
I have the curry in brackets because you can skip it and the soup is still amazing!!! Anytime you can add squash into your diet you’ll be adding vitamins A and K, and fibre!
2 ib Squash (I used butternut), peeled, seeded, and chopped into cubes
1 Large onion, chopped
4 Cloves garlic, smashed
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp coarse salt
4 Cups chicken stock (or stock of your choosing), sodium reduced
1 tbsp curry powder
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– In a large casserole dish or roasting pan, add the squash, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
– Roast for 45 minutes or until the veggies are fork tender and slightly charred.
– Bring the stock up to a boil just before the veggies are ready to come out of the oven.
– When the veggies have finished roasting, add them to the stock.
– Add the curry powder, if using.
– Mix well.
– Let the soup come up to a boil and then drop the heat down to medium-low.
– Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
– Puree the soup after it has simmer using an immersion blender or regular blender.
– Return to the pureed soup to the pot.
– Taste and adjust and seasoning before serving.
- You can roast the veggies ahead of time.
- Use any stock of your choosing; vegetable would make this vegetarian!
- This is honestly a wonderful soup on a cold night.