Haha, I’m trying to communicate that this is a French inspired recipe, did it work? I’m totally picturing the face of my grade 11 French teacher; what a b****. She’s totally the reason I dropped that class. She’s also the reason I’m not entirely sure this title is 100% grammatically correct (it’s supposed to say Mushroom and Chicken Pizza). This pizza has delicate flavours and is absolutely yummy!
1 Batch of the whole wheat pizza dough
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
454 g (2 x 227 g packages) White button mushrooms, sliced
10 Sprigs fresh thyme, divided
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
1 140g package of Low fat goat cheese, crumbled
– Bake the pizza dough at 425 for 11 minutes as the recipe outlines, meanwhile;
– Combine 2 tbsp of the olive oil and the garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the oil and garlic mixture for 15 seconds (this will infuse the oil).
– In a large frying pan, add the remaining 1 tbsp of the olive oil to the pan. When it is hot (it will ripple) add the mushrooms and half of the thyme sprigs; season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 – 7 minutes on high heat until the mushrooms have given off their liquid and are darkened.
– When the pizza dough has baked for the 11 minutes, remove it from the oven and then add garlic oil to the crust (in place of tomato sauce).
– Top the garlic oil with the mushrooms in an even layer, add the entire contents of the pan, including any juices from the mushrooms. Remove the thyme stems from the pizza.
– Top the mushrooms with the grilled chicken.
– Top the chicken with the goat cheese crumbles.
– Throw the remaining (fresh) thyme sprigs evenly across the pizza.
– Return the pizza to the oven and bake for11 to 13 minutes, until the goat cheese has melted and is slightly browned; careful not to burn the crust.
– Let the pizza stand for at least 5 minutes before you slice it.
- If you are grilling the chicken as the pizza dough is baking in the oven, under cook the chicken slightly because it is going to bake in the oven. If you are going to make the chicken ahead of time then cook it completely, you don’t want to make yourself sick.
- Left over grlled chicken would be awesome too!
- Feel free to use more extravagant mushrooms here but really, it’s not necessary.
- I love, love, love this goat cheese, it works out to 37.5 calories and 2.2 g of fat per slice of pizza; that’s insane.