This is the perfect time of year to prepare and serve a roast beef. This is easy and it’s something that’s sure to impress. This recipe is more about technique then an actual recipe. Follow these guidelines and you’ll be fine, I promise.
– Preheat your oven to 425
– Check the weight of the roast you have, it will be on the label from the store. You will need this to calculate the cooking time of the roast.
– Coat the roast all over with extra virgin olive oil.
– Season liberally with Montreal Steak Spice Seasoning blend (or see notes).
– Place the roast in a roasting pan
– The guideline for Roasting times is as follows:
1. Regardless of how you want the roast cooked, the first 30 minutes in the oven will be at 425, then the temperature must be dropped to 375.
2. For Rare beef, the cooking time is 11 minutes per pound.
3. For medium beef, the cooking time is 14 minutes per pound.
4. For well-done beef, the cooking time is 16 minutes per pound.
– After the roast has finished cooking, remove it from the oven and cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
– Let the meat rest for 20 minutes before you carve it.
– Easy, peasy, and delicious!
- You can coat the meat with any seasoning you like, or even just coarse salt and pepper.
- My mother and I coated a roast with garlic, oil, coarse salt, pepper, and fresh herbs and it was insane delicious.
- If in doubt, go with medium!