Mike is really easy going, when I ask him what he would like for dinner (I ask everyday!) he replies (everyday!) you choose. It’s nice that I have so much freedom but sometimes I want an answer! So I compromised, I decided we would have home made pizza but Mike chose the toppings; this is Mike’s pizza. Oh, he didn’t choose the spinach though, that was all me!
1 batch whole wheat pizza dough
1 batch tomato sauce for pizza
1 bag (about 170 g) spinach, sauteed
175 g shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1 chicken breast grilled, chopped into chunks
1/4 cup kalmata olives, pitted, chopped
75 g feta cheese
– Preheat the oven to 425
– Prepare the pizza crust as listed previously
– While the pizza is baking you can grill the chicken or do this ahead of time. Also sautee the spinach in 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
– After the pizza dough has baked for 12 minutes top it with the tomato sauce.
– Then top with the sauteed spinach.
– Top the spinach with the mozzarella cheese.
– Top that with the grilled chicken and then with the kalmata olives.
– Finally crumble the feta cheese on top of the pizza.
– Bake for another 11 to 12 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes.
1. If you are grilling the chicken as the pizza dough is baking in the oven, under cook the chicken slightly because it is going to bake in the oven.
2. This recipe can be labour intensive but the tomato sauce, spinach and chicken can be made ahead of time.
3. Please try this recipe, it turned out amazing and Mike loved it!