Dry Roasted Chicken Wings
This is an adaptation of Chef Michael Smith’s recipe for roasted wings. We’ve all had a few too many and downed a few too many wings! This recipe definitely makes those yummy wings less naughty.
Makes 1 lb of wings
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb wings/10 wings
– Combine all dry ingredients together.
– Coat the wings in the rub; this part takes some time. Eventually the chicken will absorb all of the rub, just keep mixing them every little while until all of the dry rub is gone; about 45 minutes.
– Preheat your oven to 425.
– Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then lay a roasting rack on top of the baking sheet.
– Place the wings evenly on the roasting rack.
– Roast the wings for 30 – 35 minutes until the cornstarch is no longer visible and the wings are golden.
- This is a perfect place to play around with different spices and herbs.
- These are really yummy and Mike loves them!