Chicken Pesto Pizza with Black Olives, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Oh my goodness; my herb garden is insane this summer! I love it; I have more fresh herbs than I know what to do with, although I am figuring it out! I love the black olive and pesto combo here; yum!
1 Batch of the whole wheat pizza dough
1 Batch of the pesto sauce
1 Medium tomato, chopped (into one inch chunks)
¼ Cup pitted kalamata olives (about 16 olives), chopped
2 Grilled chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 140 g package of low fat goat cheese
– Prepare the pizza crust as listed previously
– While the pizza is baking you can grill the chicken or do this ahead of time.
– After the pizza dough has baked for 12 minutes, top it with the pesto sauce.
– Then evenly top with the tomato chunks, season with salt and pepper.
– Top with the grilled chicken and then top with the black olives.
– Top with the goat cheese.
– Bake at 425 for another 11 to 12 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes.
- If you are grilling the chicken as the pizza dough is baking in the oven, under cook the chicken slightly because it is going to bake in the oven.
- I am so pleased to announce that the reduced fat goat is just as delicious as the original which is actually amazing considering that 40% of the fat has been removed.
- I tried to slice the goat cheese for this recipe but it was too soft so I just crumbled it.
- If you want slices of goat cheese try putting it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm it up.
- This recipe can be labour intensive but the pesto sauce and chicken can be made ahead of time.
- If you are going to grill the chicken ahead of time do not undercook the chicken (you could get really sick).