I find myself always describing my recipes as “easy or simple” so I’m not going to mention that here, i’m going to refrain. Look at this recipe and decide for yourself. I will say this though; yummmm!
Makes about 2 cups
2 Cups blueberries
2 tbsp water, divided
¼ Cup sugar
The juice of a quarter lemon
1 tbsp cornstarch
– Combine the blueberries, 1 tbsp of water, sugar and lemon juice in a pot and heat it over medium low heat for about 20 minutes, until you see a liquid start to form in the pot.
– Turn the heat up and bring the compote to a boil.
– Combine the remaining tbsp of water and the cornstarch together; mix until the cornstarch is dissolved and lump free.
– Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling pot, stir well and promptly turn the heat off the pot.
– Set the pot aside and let the compote come down to room temperature.
– Place the compote in the fridge to cool.
- Feel free to use frozen berries in place of fresh, just omit the tbsp of water.
- This recipe works for any berry or berry combination you’d like.