This is a no bake cheesecake recipe. The tartness of the lemon is balanced by the sweetness of the blueberry compote. This is impressive enough for entertaining but easy enough to make everyday.
Makes a 9 inch cake
1 ½ Cups Graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp Sugar
6 tbsp melted butter
– Combine all ingredients together and then pour into a 9 inch round cake pan.
– Push the crumbs down, I use my hands to form the crust and then push them down with the bottom of my measuring cup.
– Place in the fridge to set, about 15 minutes.
– Meanwhile prepare the filling:
The zest of one lemon
The juice of one lemon
2 250 g packages of light cream cheese, at room temperature
½ Cup fat free sour cream
½ cup half and half cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ Cup white, granulated sugar.
– Combine all ingredients together, mix until its smooth and creamy.
Assemble the cake:
– Pour the cream cheese filling on top of crust; smooth it over with a spatula.
– Cover and place in the fridge to set, for at least 3 hours but ideally over night.
– After the cake has rested and set, top it with a batch of my Blueberry Compote.
- Each component can be made ahead of time.
- Feel free to switch up the berries in the compote.