Italian Tomato Salad
This is one of my top go-to’s; I have this at least once a week. This comes together in minutes and it is a great accompaniment to other sides but is also a great stand-alone side. I have heard that eating a tomato a day helps combat aging; hello!
4 Medium tomatoes, sliced
4 to 6 basil leaves, sliced in a chiffonade (ribbons)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– Arrange the tomato slices on a platter, arranging them so there are more tomato slices at the bottom and then working your way up.
– Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes evenly.
– Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper just before serving.
– Top the tomatoes with the basil after you seasoned them with the salt and pepper.
1. Again, wait until the last minute to season the tomatoes otherwise the salt will make them mushy.
2. I use every tomato under the sun for this recipe.
3. In place of basil you can use flat leaf parsley or a combination of both.
4. Stay away from stronger herbs like oregano, sage and rosemary; they would over power the tomatoes.