Herb Crusted Goat Cheese Pan Pizza
I’ve warned you about the pan pizza recipes but I’m trying not to be obnoxious! I wrote this recipe last month but I didn’t want to post it too close to my other pizza recipes; I can’t help it, they’re so good! Now a little note about this recipe, it’s inspired by herb crusted goat cheese, not made with it! I love my herb garden!!!!
½ Batch of my whole wheat pizza dough
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup Passata (strained tomatoes)
90 g grated part skim mozzarella cheese
70 g Reduced Fat Goat Cheese
2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary (leaves only)
5 Sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only)
1 tsp dried oregano
– Preheat your oven to 400.
– You’ll need a cast iron skillet (preferably) or an oven safe skillet.
– After you have made the dough and it has rested for an hour, pour one tbsp of the olive oil into the cast iron skillet. Use a brush or paper towel to completely grease the pan in an even layer with the oil.
– Turn the heat on the pan to medium high.
– Put the pizza dough in the frying pan (directly from the bowl) and spread it out completely covering the bottom of the pan.
– When the bottom of the pizza is browned and you can see the dough is starting to cook on top, you can build your pizza;
– Spread the passata evenly across the dough and then season it well with salt and pepper.
– Top the pizza evenly with the mozzarella.
– The evenly top with the goat cheese, just drop chunks of it everywhere.
– Then top the pizza evenly with the mix of herbs.
– Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is slightly browned; the crust should also be browned at this point.
- I don’t know why but it has to be dried oregano.
- I love the reduced fat Goat Cheese; you really can’t tell it has 30% less fat then the original.