Chimichurri Rice Salad
I couldn’t get that Basil Chimichurri off my mind, it’s so good! I kept thinking there has to be more I can do with this sauce and this idea popped into my head (I love it when that happens!). I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
2 Cups cooked (1 cup uncooked) Long Grain rice, at room temperature, cooked according to package directions.
Half of an English cucumber, skin on, chopped into ½ inch cubes
2 Small vine-ripened tomatoes (about a cup), chopped into ½ inch cubes.
1 Cup green peas (I used frozen)
1 Batch of my Basil Chimichurri
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve immediately or let it sit at room temperature for a few hours (covered).
- I threw the peas in frozen and they were thawed within minutes.
- Use whatever rice you have on hand.
- This tastes better the longer it sits so leftovers are great for lunch.
- Feel free to experiment with the veggies and sauce; this is a method and recipe.
- This would be great at a potluck as my mother pointed out!