Baked Lobster Dip
Mike’s family lives on the east coast of Canada where they have access to incredible seafood. When they visit, they bring us presents, one of which was this canned lobster; another ingredient I was scared to cook. I have been facing my fears in the kitchen for the past few months and I must say I have impressed myself!
1 250 g packages of light cream cheese, at room temperature
½ Cup fat free sour cream
The juice of half a lemon
2 Green onions (scallions) thinly sliced
A small handful fresh dill, chopped (about 2 tbsp)
5 Dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 320g Can of frozen lobster, thawed and drained
Dash of paprika
– Preheat your oven to 350
– Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and lemon together until the mixture is creamy in consistency.
– Add the green onions, the dill, Worcestershire sauce, the salt and pepper; mix well.
– Mix in the lobster meat.
– Taste and adjust seasoning.
– Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish and top with a few dashes of paprika.
– Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until the dip is bubbling and the cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve with Homemade Pita Chips, if you’re going to make these at the same time as this dip, ie, at 350 then bake them for 15 minutes instead.