Asparagus and Tomato Salad
In my world you can never have too many recipes for tomatoes or asparagus. Here I combine my two favourite veggies (well 2/3, I love broccoli too and apparently a tomato is a veggie and not a fruit; I’m staying out of that debate!). This dish is very versatile; see the notes!
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 green onions sliced
1 Bunch (usually 325 g) asparagus cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 Small sized tomatoes cut into wedges
In a large serving bowl combine the oil, vinegar, soy, garlic, and green onions; season liberally with salt and pepper.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and cook the asparagus for 2 minutes, until they are bright green but still really crunchy.
Strain the strain the asparagus, shaking off any excess water and then add it to the bowl with the vinaigrette.
Add the tomatoes.
Mix well and taste to adjust seasoning.
- This recipe works with any tomato of your choosing!
- This recipe works with any dressing of your choosing!
- The idea is to have equal parts asparagus and tomato.
- The heat from the asparagus will help to mellow the harshness of the raw garlic
- If you’re making this ahead of time then hold off on adding the salt to the dressing because it will make the tomatoes mushy.
- This is the love child of my Green Bean and Tomato Salad and my Marinated Tomato Salad.